The following examples show you how to locate abstract and citation in Sciverse Scopus database. If you need any further assistance, please contact the librarians (email@example.com)
- Enter one or more keywords in the search box. Search field (e.g. Abstract, Author, Document Title, Publication Title, etc) can help to narrow down your search. You can also use the following commands to build your search statements
Use search operators (e.g. AND, OR, AND NOT) to combine different search terms.
- Phrase searching - enclose an English term in double quotation marks ("...") to ensure it is searched as a phrase
- Truncation character (*) - use * for many characters. You can use use the truncation character at the beginning, the end, or in the middle of search terms e.g. Perform* will retrieve performance, performer, etc.
Select the Date Range and check Physical Sciences in Subject area for the "Limit to" search options.
- AND narrows a search by combining the main concepts.
For example, streaming and network will find documents that contain both terms.
- OR broadens a search by including synonyms, acronyms and related keywords.
For example, aids or "acquired immune deficiency syndrome" or hiv or "human immunodeficiency virus" will find documents that contain any of the terms.
- AND NOT excludes a term.
For example, apple and not fruit will find documents that contain the word apple but not the word fruit.
Click the following links when viewing a results list or a single record to get the article full-text:
View at publisher : View full-text from the publisher site. Full-text will only be available if the Library subscribes to the electronic version directly from the publisher.
: Find@HKUST provides links to
- Electronic versions of the article from different sources.
- Library Catalog for searching different formats of the journal.
- HKUST ILLiad to request the article from other libraries if it is not available in our collection.