You have 3 sub-themes for your conferences & your teachers have given you 1 article as a starting-point or example
Figueroa-Armijos, M., Clark, B. B., & da Motta Veiga, S. P. (2023). Ethical Perceptions of AI in Hiring and Organizational Trust: The Role of Performance Expectancy and Social Influence. Journal of Business Ethics, 186(1), 179–197. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-022-05166-2
Gao, C., & Shen, H. (2021). Mobile-technology-induced learning strategies: Chinese university EFL students learning English in an emerging context. ReCALL, 33(1), 88–105. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0958344020000142 3. Thinking about life courses Sturges, J., & Bailey, C. (2023). Walking back to happiness: The resurgence of latent callings in later life. Human Relations, 76(8), 1256–1284. https://doi.org/10.1177/00187267221095759
Sturges, J., & Bailey, C. (2023). Walking back to happiness: The resurgence of latent callings in later life. Human Relations, 76(8), 1256–1284. https://doi.org/10.1177/00187267221095759
A topic is NOT a research question.
Example: Sub-theme: Life Courses - Topic: Buddhism in China
1. Do some background reading, and/or outline what you have learned about your topic from previous classes and reading in the past few years
2. List questions & answers you may already have, along these lines
3. Think about your questions and what answers you have.
4. Try to make a few clear questions, that are based on some of the ideas (theories, words, methods) that you have learned in your course.
5. Try to choose one of the questions, not too wide & not too narrow.
6. Be prepared for your question to change.
What do I know about this sub-topic so far?
Who do I mean? who do I think I want to study?
When did the things I’m researching happen?
Where is the phenomenon I’m researching happening?
How & why does what I’m researching happen?
Topics vs Research Question (2:07 min) - from Virginia Tech
Using the 5Ws to Develop a Research Question (2:57 min) - New Literacies Alliance
Develping a Research Question (2:23 min) - University of Melbourne